Delta Restoration Services in Prichard
For water damage, Prichard turns to Delta Restoration Services® Eastern Gulf States. We are a full-service property restoration firm. Our staff and rapid response crews are on-call 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, ready to be dispatched at a moments notice to Prichard and anywhere within our two-hour guaranteed response service area.
We are highly trained and certified in mitigation, remediation, restoration and reconstruction. We are also intimately familiar with the insurance industry and will work closely with all insurance carriers to ensure that a reasonable and fair settlement is reached and that the process is as smooth and efficient as possible.
Facts about Prichard
Prichard is a city in Mobile County, Alabama, United States.
Prichard borders the north side of Mobile, as well as the Mobile suburbs of Chickasaw, Saraland, and the unincorporated sections of Eight Mile. As of the 2010 Census, the population of the city was 22,659. It is a part of the Mobile metropolitan statistical area.
Prichard began as a settlement in the 1830s, bordering Telegraph Road (known now as U.S. Highway 43) It remained largely unsettled until the Clotilde landed in Mobile Bay prior to the Civil War. Africatown evolved into a greater part of the Plateau/Magazine area which developed along Telegraph Road, and eventually, Plateau and Magazine had their territory split between Mobile and Prichard.
After 1900, Prichard began a slow, steady development.
On June 6, 1919, James Lewis was lynched in Prichard.
In 1925, Prichard was incorporated as a city. During World War II, Prichard became a company town as many Mobile shipbuilding companies built homes for their workers in Prichard. During the 1950s and 1960s, Prichard annexed historic Whistler as well as parts of Eight Mile and Kushla. The 1940s and 1950s saw phenomenal growth in the Mobile area, and Mobile, Prichard and Chickasaw all recorded their highest city-proper populations in 1960. Following the Civil Rights Movement however, Prichard's rigid system of segregation collapsed, and many blacks who had previously lived in the Bullshead/Neely/Trinity Gardens area of Prichard began moving into East Prichard (downtown Prichard), causing a dramatic white flight to occur.
In 1960, Prichard recorded a population of 47,371. In 1970, the population had decreased to 41,000 and by 1990, to approximately 34,000. In 1970, Vigor High School on Wilson Avenue, which had been Prichard's white high school during segregation was 70% white. By 1980, it was 80% black, even considering that most of Prichard's remaining white areas were in its district. In 1994, construction of Interstate 165 was completed, and it has produced some economic benefits in East Prichard. The 1980s downtown vacancy rate was near 80%. As of 2000, it was closer to 30%.
In 1972, while still a majority white city, Prichard elected its first black mayor, Algernon Johnson (A.J.) Cooper, who would serve two terms as Prichard's mayor, and would eventually serve in the administration of President Bill Clinton. In 1968, Cooper founded the Black American Law Students Association at New York University. While Mayor Cooper was popular with both blacks and whites, however, he engaged in many battles with the Prichard City Council during his tenure.